Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cards for Mother's Day

Hello there. Welcome back to my blog.

On 8th May, we will be celebrating Mother's Day. Its a day to give 'thanks' to our mothers (whether biological or not),for all they have done and all they continue to do for us.

Today's 2 cards are dedicated to these wonderful women. The cards were both done for friends of mine. I had a lot of fun doing them. Of course my theme was flowers.

A puzzle of a Scene- The first Card

The first card I used a stamp from Impression Obsession and colored it with Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints. These paints are so creamy . It was the first time using them. Then using My Favorite Things Die-namics Inside Out Oval stitched Dies I made 3 overlapping cuts. Then placed double sided tape under the pieces and put the puzzle of a scene together....
I then cut a piece of yellow striped cardstock with Stitched Landscape dies and adhered it to the bottom of the card to complete the design.






I so loved the way this card came out....


The second card- A scene of continuous flowers

I quite enjoyed this card as well. I used flowers from the Penny Black Blooming Garden stamp collection. Lovely , lovely collection of stamps. Again I pulled out the Kuretake paints to give these flowers a lovely feel.






Hope you liked my two designs and please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment