Friday, May 27, 2016

Distressed hibiscus flowers

Hi there welcome back to my blog.

One of my favourite card making resource is definitely distressed inks. Today's card was made using the MFT Sketch Challenge 282.

Other resources used were
Hibiscus Stencil
Distressed inks- mermaid lagoon,blueprint sketch, mustard seed, spiced marmalade,peeled paint
Green cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
Daubers
'Be' Stamp and Die Set from Simon Says Stamp
Black Ink
Rhinestones/jewels

One of the things I love doing is using two distress colors, sometimes 3 to color hibiscus flowers as I think it really brings out the tropical vibe of these flowers. The green strip of card stock was placed on the inside of the card and I shortened the outside of the card so the green cardstock would be revealed and contrast with the design and add interest.
Here is my distressed hibiscus, hope you like......



No comments:

Post a Comment