Tuesday, May 31, 2016

More distressed inks - Red Gold and Green

Hi there everyone, so happy to see you back at my blog.

Today I received a request from a good friend of mine for a birthday card in the colours red, gold and green.

At first I was like hmmmmmmm.....what should I do? My eyes then fell upon a stencil I bought last year at Hobby Lobby that looks like a leopard print and I thought why not do the background using that stencil (as red , gold and green are considered ethiopian colours and the leopard is one of the animals found there) and I would add a laid back, casual, party girl on it (which is the character/personality of the intended recipient).

I used .........
Julie Nutting Mixed media doll Stamp
Stencil
Distressed inks- scattered straw, peeled paint and festive berries
Simon says stamps green cardstock
Green glittered washi tape (cant remember where I bought it)
Dienamics stitched ovals
Rhinestones in gold, red and green.
Kuretake paints
Julie Nutting watercolor pencils -hair and skin tones
Black velvet No 4 round brush
Gold embossing powder
Heat tool
Versamark embossing ink



On the inside I added the words

"Wishing you an abundance of love
and treasured moments
with family and friends on this your Special day…
Happy Birthday"

I am not a trained writer so I go with gut feelings. In my research of the colours
Red represents 'blood of the people' hence I used 'family'
Gold represents 'treasure' hence I said 'treasured moments'
Green is the 'earth' so I used abundance of love'

(We've got one earth so we should love it abundantly.)

Hope you enjoyed this and I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment