Saturday, October 3, 2015

100 Days of Christmas Cards Day 11- The Holly Jolly Hedgehog

Hi there everyone. Hope you're enjoying the 100 days of Christmas Cards.

The card I am featuring today can be given to a boy or a guy. Its festive enough for the season but not too mushy . I kept the design simple - a very happy jolly hedgehog.

To make the card, I took one sheet of cardstock and cut it in two. One piece was cut shorter than the length of the card base and the other piece was cut even shorter for a layered effect. I then die cut the two top layers with two different sizes of circle dies. A piece of red card stock was die cut to fit the size of the inner circle.

Next came the hedgehog which is from the penny black stamp collection. I coloured the hedgehog with watercolour pencils and distress inks. I heat embossed the holiday sentiment in white, on the red circle. Added 3 red gems to complete the look.

Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you back here for the 12th day of christmas cards!

Dont forget to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment