Friday, June 3, 2016

Black and White in splendour

Hi there...welcome back


As promised, here is another example of neutral tones in black and white. I must say I am really enjoying this colour combination and I am surprised at what I see.



You should try playing with this and just letting go...and see what happens. I started by stamping the coconut trees with black ink three times on the paper - one sort of to one side and two off either side of the paper to look like a cluster of trees.

Mixing a bit of Kuretake black paint with water, I began painting the sea into the paper. I just added paint to the brush and then painted until the ink went dry. I then added what I hope looks like sand on the beach and some shadows of the trees. Clouds were added to complete the look. The stamp I used is from 'daily bread designs'. I had to look that up as a friend of mine gave it to me for doing some work for her.



The complete list of materials
White cardstock
Recollections coconut trees stamp
Daily bread designs 'Thanks be to God'stamp
Kuretake Watercolor paints
India ink black
No 4 black velvet brush

Hope you like the card! Check back on Monday to see what I am playing with....Dont forget to leave a comment!




©2016rendesigns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment