Monday, June 6, 2016

Saying it with words in a roundabout way!

Hi there . Hope your weekend was great!

Today my card is a little different to what I've been doing. I have never been really great at using just stamped words to make a design. I had up on my easel, the pic of MFT Stamps last sketch challenge no 283 and I had just received from my shippers MFT stamps 'Make yourself at Home' and I was so excited to play with these stamps.

One of the things I have started doing is just stamping the image on a piece of scrap paper to see how the image or words resonate with me and then go from there. So I'm looking at the sketch, and looking at the stamp and at the same time I was listening to www.creativelive.com and somehow that bulb clicked on in my head and I said what if I do a few words in a circle how would it look. My next engaging thought was "what colour(s) should I use", and the childhood rainbow song came into my head, and I said okay great -'red and yellow and pink and green'

By now you're wondering what is going on here but that was just me processing the light bulb event whilst being inspired by the interviews playing on www.creativelive.com.

Now I had to do it a few times but finally got it to how I wanted it to be and drum roll....here it is



The tools used were
Lawn Fawn Large stitched circles
MFT Stamp 'Make Yourself at Home
White Card stock
Kuretake paints
Dye Inks- Memento Lady Bug, SSS, Doll Pink,Color box graphic 45 Antique Moss and Lawn fawn fundamentals sunflower

I also wrote a message I would put in this card based on the stamps I used and this is what I wrote

With YOU the colours of my world
turn into a rainbow.
You make every thing brighter
and more beautiful…..

Hope you like what I've done and I say just let yourself go, immerse yourself in your art and listen to something inspirational while you are creating and believe you have the talent to do so and of course have fun!!!!
Hope to see you back here on Wednesday! Dont forget to leave a comment! Oh if you wish to use my message, I would appreciate it if you link it to my blog. Thanks!

©2016 rendesigns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment