Monday, September 28, 2015

My Ist day of christmas shopping

Welcome back everyone . On the 6th day of christmas my true love gave to me.... A shopping trip for christmas goodies.

Today my card features a very stylish young lady shopping for christmas gifts. Its called the first day of shopping as I used this stamp a couple more times in different settings so it represents different days of shopping. This day I imagine her walking past a very artsy place...one thats not afraid of colour...hence the pink semi curved piece that represents a pavement.

The stamp is from the penny black collection. It took me about 3 tries before I was able to paint it to my liking. By the fourth try I just said to myself...just feel the colours and let it flow. I have a tendency to over think every thing so I spend alot of time trying to decide if this would look good on a card and if someone will like it...I am trying to change all that and 'let go and let it flow'.

The image was coloured using Nicholas peerless water colour paints in shades of yellows, pink, red, purple, shades of blues and green. I stamped my greetings and added some bling rhinestones. I then added a die cut semi circle at the bottom using some pink glitter card stock I had there for a while.

I hope you like my design and that it makes you reminisce about some of the joys of christmas.

See you tomorrow for my 7th card...hmmm I wonder what will it be?

Keep reading and leave me your thoughts by adding a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment